Sunday, February 4, 2007

At The Hospital

So at 5:00 in the morning on Saturday I woke up my parents. Mom got up and took me to the bathroom, and did a lot of things with me. It was CONSTANTLY drop, check, drop, check to my eyeball. She told me to go back to bed and I hoped that it would be better at 7:00. When I woke up again my eye still hurt. My mom called me in her room and asked me, "Is your eye better?" I said, "A little." She said we were going to the hospital. I HATE hospitals. So I fought with her. But she forced me to go. Whenever we were there we waited for at least 30 min to go to the back. Then I had to get my weight checked, and they took my temperature, and they used that blood pressure cuff on my arm. I couldn't feel my arm. It was like a boa constrictor on my arm. Then they took me in the hallway and asked me to read an eye chart. After that, they took me to a different room and I had to get numbing drops in my eye. Then they waited another 30 minutes and they did it again. The third time the door opened there was a new doctor. She used a popsicle stick like thing to flip my eyelid back. She was looking to see if there was a sty on my eye. And then she took a stick with an orange thing at the tip and put it on my eye. After that she turned off all the lights and got a blue flashlight. She shined it on my eye to see if I had a cut. The medicine she put in my eye was glowing under the flashlight. Mom said it was yellow. She found a cut on my cornea. I fell asleep for a good 40 minutes after that. Mom said I snored really loud. Then the door opened again and I automatically woke up. I knew it was the doctor! She was there to dilate my eye. Those drops were cold and did not feel good. They had to wait 15 minutes and do it again. Then I got an eye patch and some grape flavored medicine that didn't taste good, but it made me very tired. So we went home. Once I laid on the couch I was out! Later we went to Bubba and Windy's house and I fell asleep on the way there too. I was pretty much sleeping the whole day. I didn't like the eye patch because it was on my right eye and my left eye wasn't as strong as my right eye, so whenever I would open it, my right eye would open under my patch and it didn't feel good. I fell asleep on the way home from Bubba's and once I was in my room I went to sleep in my bed. That day was very bad. But it was easy. Everybody did what I needed and I didn't have to do anything. But that day did hurt. Today I feel better and I took my eye patch off. My pupil is really big and the light hurts it a little, but it feels a lot better. Even though I hate hospitals, I am glad they took care of me.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm glad you're ok Cole. I like the patch...it makes you look piratey!

Windy Smith said...

The next time that you come to my house I hope that you feel better because I don't like it when you don't feel well.

Mike said...

So, Cole...if you're eyes are open are you REALLY sleeping? How can it be called sleeping if you're eyes are open? Hhhhhhmmmm? Inquiring minds want to know.

Melissa said...

cole I wish I never get that cindove stuff. love, peyon